Sunday, September 27, 2009

Racing Cars - Great Project for Scouts

I recently purchased a Racing Car craft kit for my K-3 after-school craft group. The project was meant to be a racing car magnet. The finished product was pretty small; about 5"x2". It was also a pretty quick project. I decided to make it into something a little more substantial. I took some leftover cardboard picture frames and we added the cars to the front, along with some racing flags (cut out of contruction paper). I also used some heavy poster board to make door knob hangers. The kids loved making them, especially the boys who are sometimes reluctant crafters. The checkered flag I found on the internet and made small copies so they'd fit on both.

All in all it was a pretty successful project.

No comments:

Post a Comment